The holiday season presents the perfect opportunity to celebrate with friends and family and no festivity is ever complete without enjoying a few drinks here and there. The downside is that most cocktails are laden with sugar and excess calories and by the time the holidays are over, you will have already gained extra pounds due to indulgence.
If you’re serving drinks this Christmas, check out these low-calorie cocktail recipes that you and your guests will surely enjoy:
- French Martinis. Shake together 2 ounces of vodka, half an ounce of raspberry liqueur, and an ounce of pineapple juice. Strain into a martini glass and garnish with raspberries or strawberries.
- Campari with Pear Puree. Shake together two ounces of Campari, ¾ ounces of prickly pear puree, and one and a half ounces of Grüner Veltliner or an aromatic white wine with ice. Strain into a chilled neat glass.
- Gingerbread Cocktail. Pour sake in a glass together with ginger ale and sprinkle with cinnamon. For garnish, add in a cinnamon stick.
- Cranberry Margaritas. Shake together cranberry juice and margarita mix and blend with muddled cranberries. Pour into a rocks or margarita glass.
- Bloody Mary. Muddle two cherry tomatoes in the bottom of a shaker then combine one ounce of Russian Standard Vodka, half an ounce of absinthe, half an ounce of cucumber water, a splash of lemon juice, and half an ounce of simple syrup. Shake well with ice. Strain into a chilled coupe glass rimmed with black pepper and sea salt.