Exercise has always been an important part of my life. Not only does it play a crucial role in keeping my body fit but it also helps me relieve stress and to keep a positive outlook thanks to the endorphins that my body releases during each session. This is why even if I have a home to manage, a husband to take care of, and two lovely kids to nurture, I still make sure that I get that much needed calorie-burning session.
I am, however, not a stranger to the fact that there are moms who think they cannot fit a full exercise routine to their daily schedules. With our plates piled high with responsibilities as mothers, wives, and career women, heading to the gym for a two-hour session doesn’t seem possible.
With that in mind, here are some tips that super moms like us can follow in order to stay physically fit:
- Pre-Plan Your Workouts. During the weekend, set the times when you will be working out during the whole week. Also, list down what you want to achieve each week and plan a balanced workout according to your goals.
- Exercise with the Kids. Getting your young ones involved in your fitness plan is a great way to introduce them to active living. You can bring the kids to the park and use it as an outdoor gym where you can perform some step-ups, triceps dips, or even push-ups while the children are running around. If you must stay indoors, consider using a fitness DVD of your choice. The kids can exercise with you or you can pop the disc in your player during their nap time.
- Carry a Resistance Band With You. Resistance bands come in handy while you wait for your kids’ practice to be over.
- Put Some Muscle in Housework. Scrubbing can be the perfect excuse to get your heart rate pumping. Maximize your housework and transform it into your personalized calorie-busting workout.
- Plan a Fitness Date with Moms. While the kids are busy with their play date, you can round up the moms for a workout session. Squats and lunges is always more fun when done with other people.