Fall is here again! You know what that means: cooler days, cozy sweaters, and foliage changing from summer’s green to fall’s red, orange, and yellow. At the same time, it’s that time of the year again that’s perfect for little getaways.
National Geographic recently listed the best spots to visit this season and I’m excited to share them with you.
1. The International Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Witness over 600 hot air balloons lift off from launch fields that could cover 54 football fields. You can spend a week at the Los Poblanos Historic Inn and Organic Farm, located in the city’s pastoral North Valley and experience a field-to-fork dining experience.
2. Devil’s Pool at Victoria Falls in Livingstone, ZambiaSpend a few days in the world’s highest natural infinity pool and get jumping. During the fall, the river is at its lowest and slowest allowing swimmers to safely jump into the pool and even look over the falls safely.
3. National Apple Harvest Festival in Arendtsville, Pennsylvania
Experience two weekends of apple fun and enjoy fresh-pressed cider, homemade dumplings and sauce, pie eating, and bobbing contests.
4. Great Masurian Lakes in Northeastern Poland
Go lake-hopping throughout the area via kayak, small yacht, or sailboat while being surrounded by autumn foliage.
5. Alba International White Truffle Fair in Italy
Indulge in culinary white gold and visit the World Market to sample and purchase pricey truffle-infused olive oil, sea salt, butter, creams, sauces, pasta, and risotto.
6. Fall Foliage Viewing in Hokkaido, Japan
See virgin forests, caldera lakes, and mountain ranges in a background of golden, orange, and crimson displays. This natural paradise is perfect for knowing what autumn is really about.
7. Charles Dickens’ 200th Birthday in Portsmouth, England
Visit the Charles Dickens’ Birthplace Museum dedicated to one of the best literary authors in the world.
8. Milford Sound in Fiorland National Park, New Zealand
Described by Rudyard Kipling as the “eighth wonder of the world”, you can see waterfalls, rain forests, and cliff. The sound is also home to dolphins, seals, sea lions, and penguins.
9. San Diego California
San Diego remains warm and sunny through September and October. Here, you can enjoy snorkeling, kite surfing, and other fun activities at the beach.
10. Great Allegheny Passage in Cumberland, Maryland, to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Spend your weekend here and explore historic trail town. You can also enjoy cycling, hiking, strolling.
These are just some of the places that are worth visiting this fall. I hope you have a great season. Have fun!
Photo Credit via http://travel.nationalgeographic.com: International Balloon Fiesta (Photograph by Danita Delimont, Alamy), Devil’s Pool (Photograph by Yvette Cardozo, Alamy), Fall Foliage Viewing (Photograph by Mixa/Alamy), Great Allegheny Passage (Photograph by Paul G. Wiegman)