After receiving lots of personal questions from my blog readers, I decided to compile at least 28 things you asked and wanted to know about me. So here we go!
1. My birthday is in January which makes me an Aquarius. My rising sign is LEO and I am a true Aquarian through and through.
2. I was born in Orange County but was mostly raised in San Diego. I went to Performing Arts high school very similar to the show FAME! And I love dance and drama.
3. I work out three to five days a week. I am a runner (I ran track in school as well the 400, 800 and the 400 hurdles). I loved watching track and field this year in the summer Olympics! I also do Pilates—plus I love it! It keeps you super lean and keeps your core and & buns tight!
4. I am 5’9 but I always seem to be over 6 feet tall because I love heels!
5. Like so many young women growing up, I also struggled with body image issues but I’ve decided to love myself as a whole person inside and out! I spent years studying self-development that helped me overcome so many struggles that I had gone through growing up.
6. My mother’s side of the family is Spanish while my father’s side is French.
7. I don’t have any tattoos.
8. I have been married almost 15 years and I have girl/boy twins who’ll be turning five. We are not having any more children and I love having a tight knit family with just the four of us!
9. My husband is the love of my life and we have spent only less than 11 days apart in almost 15 years!
10. I love to cook and bake. I cook every meal at least 5-6 times a week and my kids love to help!
11. I was married at the Ritz Carlton in Pasadena and we spent our honeymoon in Hawaii.
12. Best true story- while vacationing in the south of France my husband and I were having martini’s in front of the world famous Hotel de Paris when my husband said “The only thing that would make this night even better would be if James Bond came walking down the street.” It was at that moment I told him to look over his shoulder and he saw Rodger Moore in a full tuxedo walking towards us with his wife! Incredible!
13. I have had the opportunity to travel all over Europe, Greece, Italy, and also snuck over to Japan!
14. One of my dreams is to get baptized with my family in the Jordan River. I also want to ride through the hidden city of Petra on camels with my family.
15. When I was a young girl, I pretended to be Cleopatra and I was obsessed!
16. My natural personality is to be a “driver”. While I am competitive, I also have a heart and lots of compassion for others. Now that I am a mother, I am more laid back. I have learned not to let the little things bother me and to go with the flow more.
17. My pet peeves are liars and manipulators as well as people that are judgmental!
18. My greatest gift would be my ability to read others and have been able to do it from about age 9.
19. I am afraid of heights but I try to put myself in situations to overcome it which hasn’t worked yet. I also love to scuba dive but I have a huge fear of sharks.
20. Best relationship advice I can give to married couples: Keep your relationships first. Make time for couple’s getaways when you can. Have sex as often as possible. While change is inevitable, finding ways to change and grow together is critical, for when you have a strong marriage then your kids will thrive! Have a date night once a week and try not to break it—even if it’s an early dinner in the park or at the beach with a great bottle of wine and picnic basket. I think its super sexy to share a bowl of spaghetti pasta with your man!
21. My favorite wine is Cake-bread chardonnay while my favorite cocktail is a Pomegranate martini with grey goose or Tatinger Rose champagne.
22. I was asked three times to go out for Bravo’s Real Housewives of the OC. While I enjoy watching I would never do a reality show. I love my privacy too much!
23. I wrote my first published book at 30! It took years to get it released but I was able to get the title of Amazon bestselling author! It was a very cool feeling!
24. I don’t hold onto grudges. I like to forgive and move on!
25. The most romantic thing my husband did was he rented a castle in France for an entire day and night. We definitely felt like royalty. We ran through the halls at midnight drinking 200 year old port! A memory I will hold dear forever!
26. I love animals especially dogs. I have a white Pomeranian and a miniature English Golden-doodle. I would love to have a giant farm with silky chickens, tea cup pigs, horses; peacocks and Lama’s (love their lashes!)
27. Scary moment: At 23 and newly married I had to be on the Howard stern show. I was a spokesperson for Met RX at the time and I was terrified he would ask sex questions which he did!
28. The things that make me the happiest are my husband, our children, my dogs, and our rose garden! It’s time together and the simple things in life that bring me the most amount of joy!
My Beauty Rituals and Other Insights into How I Think
I eat a Mediterranean diet with lots of alkaline foods. I buy mostly organic meats, fruits and veggies; I do eat whole grains as well.
When I cook for myself and my family, I always think about the nutrients they are getting. Of course I want it to taste amazing so I learned how to make adjustments to old school meals that are healthy.
I have a full blown addiction to roasted seaweed. Seriously, I could use an intervention!
My philosophy on food is that it needs to provide your body with life sustaining nutrients that will allow you to THRIVE! Now with that being said, my eating is far from perfect. I do not deprive myself because if I did I am sure I would be found somewhere alone eating an entire cake! If I want dessert I have it. My kids also get sweets on occasion and I make healthy versions for them as well.
I do not drink diet soda or use any type of artificial sweetener, EVER! I have cocktails or enjoy a glass of wine in moderation.
I try to follow and very holistic approach to health. For example, I don’t take antibiotics unless it’s a must situation. I always try to allow my body to heal its self first. I don’t take prescription pain pills either because I am allergic to one of the main ingredients they put into most of them! YUCK!
I do take my company’s SevenPoint2 “Recovery” formula every day (4 a day). It makes me feel amazing! I also take our Greens and our Shake at least once a day. Staying alkaline it’s crucial to your overall health. If you don’t know a lot about it, please find out all that you can.
Disease thrives in an acidic body which most people have. If you are 7.2 or slightly higher then you have the best chance of staying healthy and off the disease list!
I’ve totally enjoyed my years as a model but it’s nothing compared to the joy I get from being a hands-on mom. I feel very blessed to be able to be at home with my kids and spend precious moments with them.
The first year they were born I did have help and for moms that work, it’s necessary. I choose not to have a nanny because I want to be the one my kids come to. I had them because I want to raise them. Yes, it can be hard but at the same time it’s the most wonderful experience of my life. Those sweet and tender moments with your kids when they are little are things you can’t get back and the time goes by so fast.
I want to show them how to do things, teach them myself what’s right and wrong, and wipe their tears away when they fall down. I would never want those opportunities to be given to another person, but that’s just my own feelings. Don’t get me wrong, I have an amazing baby sitter that my kids totally love but she is a baby sitter and not a nanny—there is a difference.
I only want to have the amount of kids that I feel I can personally handle. So for us 2 is the magic number!
As for my beauty routine I use “Fresh”. It’s made in a monastery in Italy by monks (go figure) and the entire line is fabulous! I also use my Xantho-X. You can buy it online. It’s great for day/night and around the eyes. Also, for my eyes, I use Lamereye gel and I keep it in my fridge. I get facials about once a month; I get 8 hours of sleep every night and drink lots of water.
I try to work out 3-5 days a week. I am always moving! Like most busy moms, I am shuttling my kids around to activities and play dates all the time so I hardly ever sit and watch TV. If I do I watch TV, it would be HGTV or a football game! If I hadn’t gone into modeling I would have become and interior decorator.
As for plastic surgery here is what I will say: I have had breast augmentation. I had it done when I was 20 because I was a swimsuit, lingerie model and I needed it done! I am happy that I did it but always use extreme caution before considering anything. Do your due diligence. Go on blogs to read reviews both good and bad. See at least three surgeons and of course make sure that they are board certified. Listen to your gut instincts. If there is something that you want to change that will make you feel more secure and confident, then go for it. But if you can live with it, work out harder or change your diet. Go that route first. I have heard some horrible plastic surgeries nightmares so be safe. Going with the best and not the cheapest should be a rule even if it takes you longer to save up.
Well I hope these questions helped you get to know me a bit more. Many of you have purchased my book and have sent in incredibly touching emails about how the book has influenced your life. For that, thank you!
I absolutely love hearing from you all, so please keep the questions coming and I will continue to write about issues you want to know about and of course the things that interest me. Remember to live your life with PASSION. Create your own action plan and stick to it. You can achieve anything in life you set your mind to so Dream Big and shoot for the moon.